On this page... (hide)
5. MS Gandhi, R Sesek, R Tuckett, SJM Bamberg, "Progress in Vibrotactile Threshold Evaluation Techniques: A Review, Journal of Hand Therapy, In Press, Corrected Proof, Available online 25 March 2011, ISSN 0894-1130. (DOI 10.1016/j.jht.2011.01.001)
4. X Liu, SJM Bamberg, E Bamberg, “Increasing the accuracy of level-based volume detection of medical liquids in test tubes by including the optical effect of the meniscus,” Measurement, 44 (2011) 750-761. (DOI 10.1016/j.measurement.2011.01.001)
3. SJM Bamberg, RJ Carson, G Stoddard, PS Dyer, JB Webster, "The Lower Extremity Ambulation Feedback System (LEAFS) for Analysis of Gait Asymmetries: Preliminary Design and Validation Results," Journal of Prosthetics and Orthotics, 22(1):31-36, January 2010. (DOI 10.1097/JPO.0b013e3181ccc065)
2. X Liu, BJ Corbin, SJM Bamberg, WR Provancher, E Bamberg, "Optical system to detect volume of medical samples in labeled test tubes," Optical Engineering, 47:094402 (2008 Sept). (DOI 10.1117/1.2978953)
1. SJM Bamberg, AY Benbasat, DM Scarborough, DE Krebs, JA Paradiso, "Gait analysis using a shoe-integrated wireless sensor system," IEEE Transactions on Information Technology in Biomedicine (TITB), 2008 Jul, 12(4):413-23. (DOI 10.1109/TITB.2007.899493)
14. DL Mascaro, SJM Bamberg, RB Roemer, "SPIRAL Laboratories in the First-Year Mechanical Engineering Curriculum," the 118th Annual Conference of the American Society for Engineering Education, Vancouver, BC, Canada, June 26-29, 2011, # AC 2011-2062; Division of Experimentation and Laboratory Oriented Studies (DELOS) Best Paper Award. (Conference Archive)
13. RB Roemer, DL Mascaro, ER Pardyjak, SJM Bamberg, "A SPIRAL Learning Curriculum for Second Year Students in Mech. Eng.," the 118th Annual Conference of the American Society for Eng. Education, Vancouver, Canada, June 26-29, 2011, # AC 2011-2282. (Conference Archive)
12. SJM Bamberg, PS Dyer, LS Lincoln, L Yang, "Just Enough Measurement: A Proposed Paradigm For Designing Medical Instrumentation," the 32nd Annual Intl. Conf. of the IEEE Eng. in Medicine and Biology Society, Buenos Aires, Argentina, Aug. 31-Sept. 4, 2010 (Invited Paper). (DOI 10.1109/IEMBS.2010.5626718)
11. LS Lincoln and SJM Bamberg, "Insole Sensor System for Real-Time Detection of Biped Slip," the 32nd Annual Intl. Conf. of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, Buenos Aires, Argentina, Aug. 31-Sept. 4, 2010. (DOI 10.1109/IEMBS.2010.5626859)
10. A Vogt, LS Lincoln, SJM Bamberg, and M Minor, "Traction Force Characterization of Human Bipedal Motion," the IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), Taipei, Taiwan, October 18-22, 2010. (DOI 10.1109/IROS.2010.5648950)
9. SJM Bamberg, DL Mascaro, RB Roemer, "Interactive learning using a spiral approach in a large required first-year mechanical engineering class," the 117th Annual Conference of the American Society for Eng. Education, Louisville, KY, June 20-23, 2010, #AC 2010-1710; Best Paper Award from the First-Year Programs Division. (Conference archive)
8. DL Mascaro, SJM Bamberg, RB Roemer, "Integration and reinforcement of mechanical engineering skills beginning in the first-year design experience," the 117th Annual Conference of the American Society for Engineering Education, Louisville, KY, June 20-23, 2010, #AC 2010-1837; Honorable Mention for Best Paper from the Mech. Eng.Division. (Conference archive)
7. RB Roemer, SJM Bamberg, DL Mascaro, "A spiral learning curriculum in mechanical engineering," the 117th Annual Conference of the American Society for Engineering Education, Louisville, KY, June 20-23, 2010, # AC 2010-1903. (Conference archive)
6. MS Gandhi, R Sesek, SJM Bamberg, "Design and Validation of a Portable Vibro-Tactile Threshold Tester for Workplace Screening of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome," the 7th Annual Regional National Occupational Research Agenda (NORA) Young/New Investigators Symposium, Salt Lake City, April 16, 2009. (pdf)
5. EA Johnson, SJM Bamberg, MA Minor, "A State Estimator for Rejecting Noise and Tracking Bias in Inertial Sensors," the 2008 International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA 2008), 19-23 May 2008, p 3256 – 3263. (DOI 10.1109/ROBOT.2008.4543707)
4. SJM Bamberg, P LaStayo, L Dibble, J Musselman, SKD Raghavendra, "Development of a quantitative in-shoe measurement system for assessing balance: sixteen-sensor insoles," Proc. of the IEEE 2006 International Conf. of the Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, New York City, NY, Aug. 30-Sept. 3, 2006, p. 6041-6044. (DOI 10.1109/IEMBS.2006.260424)
3. JA Paradiso, SJ Morris, AY Benbasat, and E Asmussen, "Interactive therapy with instrumented footware," Proc. of CHI-2004 (Computer Human Interaction), Vienna, Austria, Apr 24-29, 2004. (Conference archive)
2. AY Benbasat, SJ Morris, and JA Paradiso, "Wireless modular sensor architecture and its application in on-shoe gait analysis," Proc. of the 2003 IEEE International Conf. on Sensors, Toronto, Canada, Oct. 21-24, 2003. (DOI 10.1109/ICSENS.2003.1279111)
1. SJ Morris, JA Paradiso, "Shoe-integrated sensor system for wireless gait analysis and real-time feedback," Proceedings of the 2nd Joint Meeting of IEEE EMBS (Eng. in Medicine and Biology Society) and BMES (Biomedical Engineering Society), Houston TX, Oct. 23-26, 2002, p. 2468-2469. (DOI 10.1109/IEMBS.2002.1053379)
6. EE Smith, CA Chrastil, RJ Carson, PS Dyer, SJM Bamberg, KB Foreman, "The Impact of the Lower Extremity Ambulatory Feedback System (LEAFS) on Correcting Gait Asymmetry in the Below Knee Amputee Population," 2010 Utah Physical Therapy Association Annual Fall Meeting, Layton, UT.
5. L Yang, P Dyer, KB Foreman, SJM Bamberg, "A Wearable Wireless Auditory Feedback System for Gait Rehabilitation," First AMA-IEEE Medical Technology Conference on Individualized Healthcare, Washington, DC, Mar. 22-23, 2010. (Conference archive)
4. P Dyer, SJM Bamberg, "Home-Monitoring of Plantar Pressures for Evaluating Fall Risk," First AMA-IEEE Medical Technology Conference on Individualized Healthcare, Washington, DC, Mar. 22-23, 2010. (Conference archive)
3. SJM Bamberg, D Bertelli, R Carson, and J Webster, "An interactive auditory feedback system to improve gait symmetry in persons with amputations," Proc. of the Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES), Los Angeles, CA, Sept. 26-29, 2007 (1597); invited abstract.
2. SJM Bamberg, D Bertelli, M. Deaver, "Toward in-shoe motion analysis and activity monitoring: detecting incline during walking gait," Proc. of the Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES), Los Angeles, CA, Sept. 26-29, 2007 (P2.162).
1. J Musselman, M Gandhi, SJM Bamberg, "Development of an in-shoe sensor insole for motion analysis, physical therapy, and rehabilitation," 2006 Robotics: Science and Systems Conference (Robotic Systems for Rehab. Exoskeleton, and Prosthetics), Philadelphia, PA, Aug. 16-19, 2006.
S Bamberg, "Highlighting Freshman Programs: University of Utah," First-year Programs Division
Newsletter, American Society for Engineering Education, Fall 2010. (ASEE archive)
SJ Morris, JA Paradiso, "A compact wearable sensor package for clinical gait monitoring," Motorola Offspring Journal, Volume 1, November 2002. (pdf)
SJ Morris, "A shoe-integrated sensor system for wireless gait analysis and real-time therapeutic feedback," Sc.D. dissertation, Harvard/MIT Division of Health Sciences and Technology, Cambridge, MA, June 2004. (pdf)
SJ Morris, "Method and Device for the Detection and Characterization of Inhomogeneities of the Prostate: the Quantitative Digital Rectal Exam," S.M. dissertation, MIT Department of Mechanical Engineering, Cambridge, MA, June 1999. (pdf)
SJ Morris, "Development of the Machine Shop Instruction and the Stirling Engine Project for 2.670: M.E. Tools," S.B. dissertation, MIT Dept. of Mech. Eng., Cambridge, MA, June 1996. (pdf)