Phil grew up in Perkasie, PA where he attended Pennridge High School. In 2000, he enrolled at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County where he earned a B.S. degree in Physics and an M.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering. He also spent a year studying abroad at St. Catherine's College in England.
For his Master's thesis, he worked with Dr. Uri Tasch and created an algorithm that increases the data collection power of the StepMetrix.
2. SJM Bamberg, RJ Carson, G Stoddard, PS Dyer, JB Webster, "The Lower Extremity Ambulation Feedback System (LEAFS) for Analysis of Gait Asymmetries: Preliminary Design and Validation Results," Journal of Prosthetics and Orthotics, 22(1):31-36, January 2010. (DOI 10.1097/JPO.0b013e3181ccc065)
1. RM Dyer, NK Neerchal, U Tasch, Y Wu, P Dyer, PG Rajkondawar, "Objective determination of claw pain and its relationship to limb locomotion score in dairy cattle." Journal of Dairy Science, 90(10):4592-602, October 2007.
2. PS Dyer, SJM Bamberg, "Instrumented Insole vs. Force Plate: A Comparison of Center of Plantar Pressure," the 33rd Annual Intl. Conf. of the IEEE Eng. in Medicine and Biology Society, Boston, USA, Aug. 30-Sept. 3, 2011 (Contributed Paper).
1. SJM Bamberg, PS Dyer, LS Lincoln, L Yang, "Just Enough Measurement: A Proposed Paradigm For Designing Medical Instrumentation," the 32nd Annual Intl. Conf. of the IEEE Eng. in Medicine and Biology Society, Buenos Aires, Argentina, Aug. 31-Sept. 4, 2010 (Invited Paper). (DOI 10.1109/IEMBS.2010.5626718)
3. EE Smith, CA Chrastil, RJ Carson, PS Dyer, SJM Bamberg, KB Foreman, "The Impact of the Lower Extremity Ambulatory Feedback System (LEAFS) on Correcting Gait Asymmetry in the Below Knee Amputee Population," 2010 Utah Physical Therapy Association Annual Fall Meeting, Layton, UT, Oct. 29-30, 2010.
2. L Yang, P Dyer, KB Foreman, SJM Bamberg, "A Wearable Wireless Auditory Feedback System for Gait Rehabilitation," First AMA-IEEE Medical Technology Conference on Individualized Healthcare, Washington, DC, Mar. 22-23, 2010. (Conference archive)
1. P Dyer, SJM Bamberg, "Home-Monitoring of Plantar Pressures for Evaluating Fall Risk," First AMA-IEEE Medical Technology Conference on Individualized Healthcare, Washington, DC, Mar. 22-23, 2010. (Conference archive)